Saturday, August 10, 2013

Post Op Foodie

Well being 4 days out, I think I'm doing pretty well.

I've not had any more nausea.

I've not needed any pain medication. 

And I'm trying to get as much protein and fibre into me as possible.

I'm having broth for lunch an dinner (beautiful homemade Italian broth made by my mum) 
And for breakfast I made a banana, honey, blueberry yoghurt smoothly. That was delicious. I made enough to last at least 5 days. 

For lunch I had a traditional Italian style broth. Which was made using beef and chicken with a variety of vegetables in the pressure cooker.

The vegetables were then passed through a sieve. 

Once the broth was boiling I added one egg that had been mixed with a little salt and parmigiano. I tuned off the heat and the egg slowly and softly cooks and comes together. The parmigiano cheese adds so much flavour while still retaining the "thin enough to go through a straw" consistency. 


I'm managing anywhere between 1/8 to 1/4 cup of food at a time. Slowly slowly eating 3 times a day.

I'm not feeling hungry. It gets to lunch time and I remember that I should probably eat something.

Darling husband is having some great dinners and I love with every mouthful he had he insists its "terrible" and "you wouldn't like it" (yeah because that fantastic hash and eggs on your plate looks disgusting. If I could throw you out the way and shovel that meal down my throat then I would- but I don't and can't)

So far so god.

And the best part of it all.......

The weight is coming off!!!!!!!!! 




2 comments: