Sunday, August 4, 2013

To.. Too.. Two.. 2 Days to go!

I am really surprised how get I have been feeling in the last 7 days. 
It's really amazing what your body can adapt to. 

Yesterday I was feeling all out of sorts. I just couldn't keep still. 
I cleaned out the laundry and mud room.

I baked.

I shopped.

I googled.

I cleaned some more.

I researched.

I just don't know what to do with myself. I think I was feeling a little anxious and nervous.

It's the anxiety associated with the unknown. 

I brought myself to tears yesterday looking at people before and after photos. 
I just kept looking at page after page of people looking magnificent on their weight loss journey and I just can't believe that, that will be me too.

It's hard to image a life not being overweight. I've had to live with it for as long as I can remember. I never really saw myself - my future self thin. 

I knew my subconscious was a 6ft tall super model with legs to her neck, but....... I just had to find a way together her out. I just can't believe this will be my answer.


Everyone I have spoken to who have had the surgery all wish they had done it earlier and none had regrets. 

No regrets..... So here's to August 6th 2013... My beginning 




3 comments:

  1. Hi, Luisa--just stopping by to chime in with good wishes for your surgery! I found you from http://metabolicallyefficient.blogspot.com/ I didn't have the same surgery as you are getting (I had gastric bypass), but I've lost 128 pounds and feel so much better. I know you will, too. I enjoyed reading your creative food experiments! That will see you well in the diet phases you'll have to do post-op! If you want to read my story, stop by my blog at http://supersnailspace.blogspot.com/ Take care, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoo hooo -- I too wish I had done this surgery earlier...I was just shy of 44 (spent my 44th birthday drinking shakes :D) and if only I had done this years before -- but I and you still have so much living to do yet so be happy you're doing it now, it's such a GREAT thing you are doing for yourself!

    And when you're recovering from the surgery itself, keep reminding yourself of that :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! I look forward to following your journey. :-)

    ReplyDelete